Extinct breeder, now probably annual but uncommon passage migrant- Lunch Wood is the best place to find migrant birds
5 old records:
- pair bred in Banstead Woods in 1973
- one ringed in Perrotts Wood on July 1st 1973
- pair bred in Banstead Woods in 1970; 1+ young seen on August 21st though not properly counted
- one juvenile was seen in Banstead Woods on June 30th 1968
- 3 pairs were recorded in Perrotts Wood in 1967
3 recent records:
- single near Perrotts Farmhouse not before 2008 (Paul).
- single in Lunch Wood on August 24th 2010 (DKC).
- single in Lunch Wood on September 6th 2010 (DKC).